Today is Veterans Day – Thanks for Your Service
Veteran’s day is a remembrance of all U.S. military veterans – past and present. It is celebrated every November 11th, and has been a federal holiday since 1926.
10/31/2017 08:14 AM EDT Original release date: October 31, 2017
Building resilience in critical infrastructure is crucial to national security. The essential infrastructure systems that support our daily lives—such as electricity, financial institutions, and transportation—must be protected from cyber threats.
US-CERT encourages users and administrators to review the following:
- Your Part in Protecting Critical Infrastructure,
- Critical Infrastructure Cyber Community Voluntary Program, and
- Critical Infrastructure Sectors.
It sounds funny, but remember: if hackers can be hacked, then so can you, if you aren’t careful
It appears the Putin regime is using Ukraine as a test best for his “hybrid warfare doctrine.” Hybrid warfare combines traditional combat with cyber-war attacks against infrastructure, government, and now, even individuals. Russia’s hybrid attacks against Ukraine have included, but are not limited to:
- Using social media to shape public opinion among an adversary’s population.
- Turning commercially available computer software into a tool for espionage and cyberwarfare.
- Exploiting smartphones to spy on and wage psychological warfare against an adversary’s military forces.
- Using cyberattacks to undermine an adversary’s electoral process.
- Using pseudo-news reports to push a propaganda line that sows division within an adversary’s national culture.
All of these tactics have also been used by Russia against the U.S. since Russo-American relations took a nosedive in the fallout over Russia’s military aggression against Ukraine in early 2014.
If you downloaded Whats App recently, it may be a fake.
11/09/2017 03:19 PM EST Original release date: November 09, 2017
Microsoft has released an advisory that provides guidance on securing Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) fields in Microsoft Office applications. Exploitation of this protocol may allow an attacker to take control of an affected system.Share