[Editor comments: I feel like we all have become experts on using conferencing applications such as Zoom, Teams, and WebEx. I had an opportunity last moth to participate in a Zoom session that used breakout rooms, thanks to Jackie Mene at Micro Business Alliance. Joey’s article just seemed to hit a point where many of us are moving past basic Zooming and using some of the more advanced features.]
Zoom Conference Rooms
Zoom and video conferencing meetings are essential to the success of practically every business nowadays. Many businesses are permanently altering their traditional work formats to include some hybrid office options and as they prepare for their employees to return to the office in modified schedules, the need for properly equipped Zoom Rooms is greater than ever. Having your Zoom Rooms ready to go for when employees return to the office will help streamline communication between in-person and remote participants.
What is a Zoom Room?
If you’re new to the idea of a Zoom Room, they are Zoom video conferencing software-based room systems that provide users with integrated video conferencing meetings. They blend together conferencing equipment with Zoom’s video conferencing platform for a seamless push-to-start meeting experience.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- A Display(s)
- A Computer
- A Video Conferencing Camera
- Conference Room Audio
- A Control Device
- A Zoom Room License
- A Network Connection
Setting up Zoom Rooms
To deploy a full Zoom Room, your account must include Zoom Room licenses or a free 30-day trial of Zoom Rooms.
Zoom Room Setup
- Design your room with the table layout that best fits your needs
- Acquire hardware with the necessary system requirements.
- Add or identify users on the Zoom Rooms portal who can manage Zoom Rooms.
- Add a Zoom Rooms from the Web Portal or the Zoom Rooms Controller.
- Add your Google or Microsoft calendar system for integration with Zoom Rooms
- Set up your hardware in the conference room
- Mount the TV, camera, PC/Mac.
- Set up your operating system (OS)
- Set up your Zoom Rooms software
*Information from ZoomShare