Thanks to Best VPN Canada for this guest post by By
What Are The Safest Browsers to Keep Your Data Safe
- Built-in script blocker
- Safety against browser fingerprinting
- Blocks ads and trackers by default
- Automatically upgrades to HTTPS (HTTPS Everywhere)
Brave takes privacy very seriously and it blocks all tracking technology and ads. The servers don’t monitor or log your browsing data, which means that they won’t distribute it. You can also personalize your privacy settings according to your preference. Moreover, you will be notified about the number of trackers and ads that they’ve blocked every day, which is impressive. Even if you don’t mind these ads, they are just ads and they could impede your browsing experience. Plugins are also disabled by default since they impose a higher security risk. If you are looking for a browser that will give you an ad-free, fast, and safe browsing session online, Brave sounds great for you.
- Privacy: Iridium is founded on Chromium, which is an extremely safe browser. With the help of several enhancements, including the use of tight security, the optimum level of privacy is delivered to your browser without sacrificing compatibility.
- Speedy: If there’s one thing that Iridium does best, aside from offering privacy and security, it’s being swift and quick in any way. It starts efficiently and continues this throughout loading websites.
- Deployability: Iridium is simple and straightforward to install and it also enables administrators to deploy it without any hassle. For example, you can use an MSI-based installation method to achieve easy deployments for the whole organization.
- Easy to Use: The great thing about Iridium is you don’t have to be a pro to use it and enjoy its benefits. This is because it is easy to use, making it a suitable browser for anyone. It doesn’t have any complex mechanism or feature that requires special and advanced knowledge. On top of that, it is simple, clean, and easy to operate. Even a beginner can take advantage of this browser.
Waterfox is the dupe of Firefox browser however, it is more secure and efficient. For those who are avid users of Firefox and are still hooked by its functionality, WaterFox is the ideal secure browser for you.
Unlike Mozilla that collects the personal data of its users via Quantum and browsing history via Cliqz, WaterFox is different. It doesn’t record or backup anything, ensuring full privacy for users. Moreover, you can also guarantee that your data won’t be exploited or stolen by third parties when you are browsing using WaterFox.
The only downside about WaterFox is its lagging security updates. You can’t guarantee well-timed update, which is a little disappointing. However, that’s the drawback you will ever encounter from this safe browser because privacy-wise, it takes safe browsing to a whole new level. If you don’t mind slow security updates and you are looking for a browser that allows you to still use your favorite Firefox features, WaterFox might work great for you.
Here are additional features that you should know about WaterFox:
- Based on Firefox
- Allows users to utilize older Firefox add-ons
- No telemetry, tracking, startup profiling, data collection, and sponsored tiles
- Slower security updates and less active development compared to the standard Firefox
Since it utilizes the Tor network, which generates traffic to more than three different hops, expect that the download speed with Tor browser is a bit slow. The default version also can crash websites because of script blocking. There are also problems with the Tor network alone, such as dragging speeds, spiteful exit nodes, connections to the US government, and other extremely compromising vulnerabilities.
With these risks in mind, it is much better to utilize Tor browser with a reliable VPN service, disabling the Tor network. You can check out the browser fingerprinting guide to do this alternative method. Be cautious when you alter the settings in your Tor browser since it can impact and change its security and privacy, putting your safe browsing sessions at risk.