Let me take you on a tour of the Dark Web on Thursday, January 9, 2020 from 10 am to 11:30 am. Seating is limited so register today. This is a popular event that typically sells out quickly.
Support for Windows 7 ends in 16 days. If you have a fully-licensed version of Windows 7, you probably can upgrade your computer to Windows 10 for free.
Microsoft’s much-hyped free upgrade offer for Windows 10 ended in 2016, right? Not exactly. The GWX tool may be gone, but all the other upgrade tools still work. The end result is an apparently valid digital license, and there’s no evidence that the free upgrades will end any time soon.
From the bizarre, through the crazy, all the way to the outright impossible – there’s still plenty to learn from all of these stories.
The Year in InfoSec: Our 10 Most Engaging News Stories of 2019
‘Tis the season for year-end reviews and look backs. The SecureWorld team reported on the cybersecurity news and trends of 2019, and along the way brought light to some noteworthy developments that escaped widespread coverage in the industry. Here are our most popular original stories of the year based on total readership, shares, and comments. Enjoy!
- Top 10 Highest Paying Cybersecurity Jobs 2019
- Special Security Advisory: ‘Ryuk Ransomware Targeting Organizations Globally’
- New Documents About Pentesters Jailed for Courthouse Break-In
- ‘Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’ Integrates Cyber War into Latest Game
- The List: Best and Worst Countries for Cybersecurity
- Security Un-Awareness: Company Suing Employee for $138,000 in BEC Losses
- Disney Urging Shareholders to Vote Against Security and Privacy Proposal
- 8 Steps Huawei Took to Steal IP from T-Mobile and Cover It Up
- Revealed: Details of ‘First of Its Kind’ Disruptive Power Grid Attack
- CEO on Pentester Arrests: ‘Heroes Not Criminals’
It’s called the Power Generation Information Manager (PGIM) and its features are used worldwide in industrial sectors including dams, energy, water, agriculture, manufacturing, and chemicals. Now comes word that a critical security vulnerability went years without being fulling addressed. And it’s a vulnerability that CISA lists as being, “Exploitable remotely, requiring a low skill level to exploit… Read more
Microsoft will soon add the ability to use DNS-over-HTTPS and DNS-over-TLS into its networking client.
The sector has been hit by more data breaches than any other this year as criminal groups devise more advanced hacking methods, says threat intelligence company IntSights.
Two Great Social Engineering Articles.
Both of these articles are from National Public Radio, and included recordings of actual scammer phone call scripts. Share with your staff.
A new report reveals what defenders should know about the most prevalent and persistent malware families.