It is Community Education season again at WyzGuys, and I am teaching at 9 districts this year. The first class offering is The Secrets of Windows 8.
Who moved my cheese! Windows 8 is Microsoft’s newest operating system and represents an entirely new look on the desktop. It is completely optimized for the touch screen monitor or tablet. What happened to the Start Menu? We will compare the differences and similarities between the new Windows 8 system and Windows 7, Vista, and XP. Explore many of the new features and hidden secrets of Windows 8. This class is NOT held in the computer lab, but the instructor will provide handouts and screen demonstrations. You care encouraged to bring your own laptop if you wish
The schedule is:
- Monday 9-30 from 6-9 pm at Boutwells Landing. Contact Stillwater Community Education
- Wednesday 10-2 from 6-9 pm at Cottage Grove Middle School. Contact South Washington COunty Community Education.
- Monday 10-7 from 6-9pm at Hudson High School. Contact Hudson Community Education.
- Thursday 10-10 from 6-9 pm at River Falls High School. Contact River Falls Community Education.
- Monday 10-14 from 6-9 pm at Anoka-Hennepin District Service Center. Contact Anoka-Hennepin Community Education.
- Tuesday 10-15 from 6-9 pm at Rosemount Middle School. Contact District 196 Community Education
- Wednesday 10-16 from 6-9 pm at Henry Sibley High School. Contact District 197 Community Education
- Thursday 10-17 from 6-9 pm at New Richmond High School. Contact New Richmond Community Education.
You must pre-register with the District of your choice prior to class. I have no way to accept registrations at the class. That said, I look forward to seeing you at this or another class soon.Share
About the Author:I am a cybersecurity and IT instructor, cybersecurity analyst, pen-tester, trainer, and speaker. I am an owner of the WyzCo Group Inc. In addition to consulting on security products and services, I also conduct security audits, compliance audits, vulnerability assessments and penetration tests. I also teach Cybersecurity Awareness Training classes. I work as an information technology and cybersecurity instructor for several training and certification organizations. I have worked in corporate, military, government, and workforce development training environments I am a frequent speaker at professional conferences such as the Minnesota Bloggers Conference, Secure360 Security Conference in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, the (ISC)2 World Congress 2016, and the ISSA International Conference 2017, and many local community organizations, including Chambers of Commerce, SCORE, and several school districts. I have been blogging on cybersecurity since 2006 at http://wyzguyscybersecurity.com