I read a great article on PCWorld about using SEO (search engine optimization) strategies to help keep you web site on top of Google rankings. If you are serious about maintaining your page rank or improving it, this would be worth a read.
Some of the ideas he shared included:
- How to disavow incoming links from spammy sites that may be negatively impacting your site’s reputation.
- Incoming links should avoid keyword stuffing, so if you are getting links from others, just let them use natural links,
- Focus on Yahoo again, with new CEO Marissa Meyer at the helm Yahoo could again become a factor.
- Take credit for your posting using Google+.
- Seek out snippets, make sure your content allows Google to include them in your search results.
- Publish more often. Google is rewarding sites that update frequently, as often as daily or even hourly. If this is something you can do, it will help.
- Free links to products from Google Shopping are coming to an end. If you use this service, you will need to plan for an AdWords style budget.
About the Author:I am a cybersecurity and IT instructor, cybersecurity analyst, pen-tester, trainer, and speaker. I am an owner of the WyzCo Group Inc. In addition to consulting on security products and services, I also conduct security audits, compliance audits, vulnerability assessments and penetration tests. I also teach Cybersecurity Awareness Training classes. I work as an information technology and cybersecurity instructor for several training and certification organizations. I have worked in corporate, military, government, and workforce development training environments I am a frequent speaker at professional conferences such as the Minnesota Bloggers Conference, Secure360 Security Conference in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, the (ISC)2 World Congress 2016, and the ISSA International Conference 2017, and many local community organizations, including Chambers of Commerce, SCORE, and several school districts. I have been blogging on cybersecurity since 2006 at http://wyzguyscybersecurity.com