I read a great article on PCWorld about using SEO (search engine optimization) strategies to help keep you web site on top of Google rankings. If you are serious about maintaining your page rank or improving it, this would be worth a read.
Some of the ideas he shared included:
- How to disavow incoming links from spammy sites that may be negatively impacting your site’s reputation.
- Incoming links should avoid keyword stuffing, so if you are getting links from others, just let them use natural links,
- Focus on Yahoo again, with new CEO Marissa Meyer at the helm Yahoo could again become a factor.
- Take credit for your posting using Google+.
- Seek out snippets, make sure your content allows Google to include them in your search results.
- Publish more often. Google is rewarding sites that update frequently, as often as daily or even hourly. If this is something you can do, it will help.
- Free links to products from Google Shopping are coming to an end. If you use this service, you will need to plan for an AdWords style budget.