I know I usually focus on writing articles that are useful to the average business owner or computer user, but I received something in my inbox recently that I just have to share. This is from another blog on Postmodern Security titled “MALWARE ANALYSIS AND INCIDENT RESPONSE TOOLS FOR THE FRUGAL AND LAZY”. If you are a cybersecurity professional you are probably aware of many of these tools. If you are an IT professional in a small business task has recently been tasked with upping your cybersecurity game, this list may be invaluable. If you are a a student training in the field of cybersecurity, or a cybersecurity amateur or DIYer, this is a gold mine. Nearly all of these tools are online and free to use.
I am not going to republish the list here, but the section headings should get you interested enough to click back to the original article.
- Online network analysis tools
- Online malware sandboxes and analysis tools
- Online file, URL, or system scanning tools
- Hash searches
- Domain and IP reputation lists
- Additional tools for checking URLs, files, IP address lists for the appearance on a malware, or reputation/block list of some kind.
- Threat intelligence and other miscellaneous tools
Go for it and enjoy.Share