Tomorrow is World Password Day. WPD is observed on the first Thursday of May. So today would be a great day to take your passwords out to Valley Fair or a movie – wait a minute, that’s silly. You only can do that if you have all your password in a spiral notebook.
- It would be a good day for signing up for a password manager program such as LastPass.
- Or adding Google Authenticator to your smartphone
- And setting up two-factor authentication for your
- email accounts,
- bank and financial accounts,
- cell phone service account,
- Facebook, Twitter, and other social network accounts,
- Amazon and other online retail accounts.
- It would be a great day to increase your password length to 12 characters.
- It would be a great day to convert your most important accounts to a 20 character randomly generated password (using a LastPass feature).
So take a few minutes today to take your passwords outside to play, and to show your passwords some love.
And enjoy the video.Share